Library News for University of Liverpool Online Students and Staff

This blog features all the latest news and tips from the University of Liverpool Online Library for online students & staff. This includes information about e-journals, e-books, databases, trial resources, information literacy and more. We welcome your views so please leave your comments - it is helpful if you can leave your name and programme. Thanks!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Have a Chat with the Online Librarian :-)


The observant amongst you will have noticed that there is now a chat box called 'My Plugoo' on the Online Library News blog. This should provide an easy way of chatting with me if you have a question, a suggestion or just want to say hello :-) It's in an experimental stage at the moment, but I hope you'll like it and that it will be useful.

If it says 'I'm Online' in the chat box it means that I'm sitting at my computer and will respond to you. If it says 'I'm away' or 'I'm offline' I might already be busy with an enquiry, or, if it's outside normal service hours (Monday-Friday 0900-1700 UK time), it means that I actually really am away and not available. Or it may just mean that I've just popped off to make a quick coffee or have a bite to eat and will be back again soon! So if 'I'm away' or 'I'm offline' you can try looking later to see if 'I'm Online' or you can send an email to onlinelibrarian@liverpool.ac.uk and then I will respond to you as soon as I return.

To chat to me is easy - just type what you want to say in the 'Your message' box, and then add our name in 'Your nickname' box. Our chat will be completely private - no one else will see the content of it or know that it's taking place.

This chat facility is an additional way of communicating that I hope students and staff will make use of. Of course the normal email and telephone contacts (+44 (0) 151 794 4345) are available still.

Why not let me know what you think of this by sending a comment to the blog - or by chatting with me :-)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awsome tool! i like it very much! this is the fastest way.

best regards

guido UoL, 15224728

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter